Friday, January 20, 2012

The Beginnings of a Cathedral Window Quilt



Daisy and Ann here it is.....
The beginnings of a long quilting journey.
 I've been wanting to make a cathedral quilt for quite some time now and with mine and Kelsey;s house getting started I figured that the start of a quilt would go right along with that. My goal is to have the quilt done by the time our house is done, which seems like somewhat of a realistic goal..
One of the great many things about this particular quilt is that once you 
have finished a square you are done, there is no batting or backing..
You start off with a 9 inch piece of fabric that gets folded down to around 3 inches
so all the extra material tucked away fills the need for batting and a back. 
It's a real nice pattern to just work on when you have the time and you 
don't have to worry about using quilting frame, I figure it will be a good pattern 
for me to work on with a little one.

Here is a great site I found that steps you through most of the process.
There are a few things not on here that I have found are helpful. So just ask if you have any questions. 
Happy quilting!!

p.s. And anyone who would like to make a square or more for my quilt or pass on a piece of their fabric that I could add in, well I would be delighted!!

Love, Ashley

Music to Listen to: Pete Seeger's Album Bird's, Beasts, Bugs & Fishes (Little and Big)

2 comments: