Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Miss Elf's Handbag

Dear Miss Elf,
   I made this purse for my friend who just had a birthday.  She turned 26.  I used only fabric and embroidery floss I got from you (there was a lot to choose from).  Do you recognize any of it?



One side is Spring
                                                                       The other side is Fall 

And I used one of my beads as a button


Love, Ann

Book to read:  To Begin Again, stories and memoirs 1908-1926, MFK Fisher
Song to Sing: Blue Motel Room, Joni Mitchell

2 comments:

  1. Ann... what a lovely purse.. What a lucky friend who gets such a nice gift and I like that you used all of Miss Elf's fabric. Appliqueing is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a lovely post to find on a really rainy saturday, when my mood matched the weather. It's a bit brightened, now...
    Ann-- what a birthday present! and what a lucky lucky friend. I don't know how you have the patience for appliquing and embroidering and lace makin, but I sure am glad you do. It is so fine.
    I do recognize many a bit, and am so glad they found such a happy home. See- good things do come of everything! Miss your sweet faces and talented hands, big time.
    Will check out book to read and song to (sing), pronto. Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete